Load Types and Generation
- Categorized load into specific load group types like dead, wind, live, seismic, snow, user-defined, etc. Automatically generate load combinations based on standard loading codes such as ASCE, ACI, LRFD, BOCA, IBC, UBC, etc.
- One way loading to simulate load distribution on one-way slabs
- Patch and pressure loading on solid (brick) elements
- Element pressure loads can be applied along a global direction on any imaginary surface without having elements located on that surface
- Automatic wind load generator for complex inclined surfaces, irregular panels and multiple levels also taking into consideration user-defined panels
- Loading for Joints, Members/Elements including Concentrated, Uniform Linear, Trapezoidal, Temperature, Strain, Support Displacement, Prestress and Fixed-end Loads
- Global, Local and Projected Loading Directions
- Uniform or varying Element Pressure Loading on entire or selected portion of plate elements
- Floor/Area Load converts load-per-area to member loads based on one-way or two-way actions
- Automatic Moving Load Generation per standard AASHTO or user defined loading
- IBC 2003/UBC 94, 97/AIJ/IS 1893/Cypriot/NTC (Mexican) Seismic Load Generation
- Tributary/influence area diagrams plotted for all wind, area and floor loads
- Factored Load Combinations including algebraic and SRSS combination schemes
- Imposed displacements in any number of load cases, any number of DOF, any type of elements, and with inclined supports
- Temperature gradient along local Z axis of member as well as local Y axis
- Floor load generator which automatically updates the pressure distribution if the floor changes. Also, allows for elimination of floor members and creation of floor groups.
- Automatically reduces the live loads dubbed as Live Load or Roof Live Load as per UBC/IBC
- Automatic load combination generator and editor to define custom load combinations
- Wind loading on open lattice structures
- ASCE 7-02 Wind and Snow (Unbalanced/Drifting) loading including calculation of suction and roof pressures
Bentley's Structural Roadshow Seminar Series.
Fri, 17 May 2013 11:42:00 EDT
Today's structural engineers must strategically support the entire lifecycle of structural projects - buildings, plants, bridges - constructed from a wide variety of materials, including reinforced concrete, structural steel, and metal work. You need to collaborate across your whole project team to productively deliver the most accurate, efficient, and safe infrastructure projects. And that's what you do best. Half-day, Complimentary Technical Seminars Featuring Bentley's Structural Software for Analysis, Design, Detailing, and Documentation. June:- Miami, Orlando, Atlanta, Charlotte July:- Salt Lake City, Denver, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Seattle, Calgary August and September:- Kansas City, Indianapolis, Dallas, Houston October:- Chicago, Toronto, New York, Boston, Washington, D.C., Philadelphia
STAAD.Pro V8i SS4 released
Tue, 02 Apr 2013 10:53:00 EDT
A new version of STAAD.Pro SS4 has been released which has undergone extensive regression testing. It includes two new features of enhanced SRSS and ABS Combinations and Connection Tags and 59 additional fixes and updates. Further details are available on the BE Communities site.
STAAD.Pro Japanese Online Help Docs
Fri, 22 Feb 2013 11:22:00 EDT
The latest version of the STAAD.Pro V8i documentation has been translated into Japanese and is now available to download from the Bentley SELECT server.
Analysis and Design of Structures - A Practical Guide to Modeling
Fri, 15 Feb 2013 05:26:00 EDT
Publication by D. Trevor Jones (Author). Bentley's first structural analysis and design book puts theoretical concepts for a structural design into practice with STAAD.Pro. It is a technical reference guide relating code and design requirements to the world's leading structural analysis and design software, which allows engineers to analyze and design virtually any structure from any material.
Structural Analysis &Design Newsletter
Wed, 13 Feb 2013 13:00:00 EDT
See the latest edition of the Bentley Structural Analysis & Design Newsletter, your source of information about the latest software for structural analysis, design, drafting, and detailing featuring interoperability and information mobility across project phases and infrastructure disciplines.