These powerful graphics based facilities provide on-screen result verification and customized report generation. User friendly navigation and organization of data helps you get the information you need with a few simple clicks. Point and click on a member to obtain all the information on its Geometry, Cross-sectional properties, Forces, Moments, Displacements, etc. Even design information such as Allowable Stresses, Governing Code Criteria, Reinforcement layout, are available. Sort and Search based on required criteria to create customized reports. Arrange and rank the data based on Forces, Moments, Displacements, Stresses, etc., in ascending or descending order. Customize reports to include only the information you want, where you want it, including your company logo.
- Step-by-step hand calculations including all formulae, intermediate results, and code clauses for steel design
- Custom-defined tool tips for displaying pre- and post-processing data for any entity with mouse roll over
- Export saved pictures into any raster format (BMP, JPEG, TIFF, etc.) and in any size
- New plate and solid element query box through double-clicking
- New slider control for member query box to see shear, bending and deflection values at any point along the beam
- New super query box to change any beam/element attribute on the fly (i.e. double click on a support or load diagram)
- Table of contents for STAAD viewer to directly go to different parts of the ANL file
- Dynamic Query feature to create customized queries for data mining STAAD output (i.e. Find All Nodal Deflections < 0.06 inches in the Global Y Whose Z Coordinate is > 20 ft. for Load Cases > Load Case 5)
- Textual and graphical results verification and display
- Deflected and Mode Shapes based on Joint/Section
- Displacement for user-specified loading or mode shape number
- Bending Moment and Shear Force diagrams of individual members as well as the entire structure (through single double-click)
- User-controlled Scale factors for Deflected or mode shapes
- Force/Moment Envelope plots as max/min for all loads
- Stress contour plots
- Code Performance Plots for Steel Design
- Powerful on-line Query for analysis/design results
- On-screen Report generation with Sort/Search
- Animation of Deflected/Mode shapes, Stress Contours
- VRML (Virtual Reality Modeling Language) export feature enables “Walk-through” Model verification using any standard Web Browser
Bentley's Structural Roadshow Seminar Series.
Fri, 17 May 2013 11:42:00 EDT
Today's structural engineers must strategically support the entire lifecycle of structural projects - buildings, plants, bridges - constructed from a wide variety of materials, including reinforced concrete, structural steel, and metal work. You need to collaborate across your whole project team to productively deliver the most accurate, efficient, and safe infrastructure projects. And that's what you do best. Half-day, Complimentary Technical Seminars Featuring Bentley's Structural Software for Analysis, Design, Detailing, and Documentation. June:- Miami, Orlando, Atlanta, Charlotte July:- Salt Lake City, Denver, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Seattle, Calgary August and September:- Kansas City, Indianapolis, Dallas, Houston October:- Chicago, Toronto, New York, Boston, Washington, D.C., Philadelphia
STAAD.Pro V8i SS4 released
Tue, 02 Apr 2013 10:53:00 EDT
A new version of STAAD.Pro SS4 has been released which has undergone extensive regression testing. It includes two new features of enhanced SRSS and ABS Combinations and Connection Tags and 59 additional fixes and updates. Further details are available on the BE Communities site.
STAAD.Pro Japanese Online Help Docs
Fri, 22 Feb 2013 11:22:00 EDT
The latest version of the STAAD.Pro V8i documentation has been translated into Japanese and is now available to download from the Bentley SELECT server.
Analysis and Design of Structures - A Practical Guide to Modeling
Fri, 15 Feb 2013 05:26:00 EDT
Publication by D. Trevor Jones (Author). Bentley's first structural analysis and design book puts theoretical concepts for a structural design into practice with STAAD.Pro. It is a technical reference guide relating code and design requirements to the world's leading structural analysis and design software, which allows engineers to analyze and design virtually any structure from any material.
Structural Analysis &Design Newsletter
Wed, 13 Feb 2013 13:00:00 EDT
See the latest edition of the Bentley Structural Analysis & Design Newsletter, your source of information about the latest software for structural analysis, design, drafting, and detailing featuring interoperability and information mobility across project phases and infrastructure disciplines.