Sectionwizard is compatible with leading PC-based engineering software applications and metric and imperial unit systems – an invaluable tool for the structural engineer, allowing fast and accurate calculation of section properties and retrieval of stress values for custom and assembled shapes. Sectionwizard can be run as a stand-alone application or within STAAD.Pro.
Sectionwizard Features include:
- Create custom shapes from built-in sections and plates.
- Over 12 international steel tables provided including US, British, Dutch, German, Russian, Canadian and Indian.
- Calculate section properties of custom and built-up shapes: Area, Moment of Inertia, Plastic moduli, Section modulus, Center of Gravity, Shear Center, Torsional Constant, Shear Area and warping constants (plastic resisting moments).
- Create any free form sections (even curved surfaces!), insert holes and openings of any shape, create chamfers and fillets. Sectionwizard has a CAD user interface enabling the engineer to outline any section imaginable.
- Create a customized library of parametric sections and mathematically define parameter relationships.
- Easily move and rotate internal contours or cutouts by dragging and dropping.
- Build shapes with Composite Materials.
- Metric or Imperial units supported.
- Show stresses at any point of a cross section based on Axial forces and Moments about principal axes. (Compare actual stress calculations with allowable to verify the adequacy of your section).
- Create STAAD.Pro User Tables to assign the properties to members in a structure.
- Create customizable MS Word reports.
- Automatic generation of equivalent sections. For example, create a polygon with holes and ask for a wide flange shape with equivalent properties so a proper code check can be performed.
- Import any DXF or DWG file.
- Full Context Sensitive Help along with several movie tutorials.
- Use the final section properties in any structural analysis and design program.